About Uptown English. English school in horta
I’m Laura Oliva Martínez, I’m 26 years old and I studied Teacher Training, specialising in Early childhood at the University of Barcelona. When I finished my degree in 2011 I moved to Dublin where I lived for two years, working as a teacher in two different creches.
In 2013 I came back to Barcelona and since then, I’ve been working as an English teacher for 3-6 years olds. Between 2012 and 2015 I progressed through the Cambridge English exams until I obtained the CPE (Certificate of Proficiency in English) which is the highest level.
When it comes to learning and teaching English, I consider myself as a passionate person and working with little kids especially motivates me as their enthusiasm and attitude is not comparable to any other age.
I’m looking forward to starting this new challenge and running my own English academy with great enthusiasm!
My name is David McAulay. I studied English literature and language at Stirling University in my native Scotland. After graduating in 2012 I moved to Spain to start learning Spanish and experiencing a different culture. After living in a pueblo in Asturias teaching English for one year, I started moving around the South of Spain for a summer, teaching English to students in Cadiz and Valencia.
After this I finally settled here in Barcelona, working as a teacher and assistant director of studies at a very reputable school in the El Vallés for 3 years.
Now I’m looking forward to starting a new chapter in my adopted home of Horta with my own academy, Uptown English!
Why choose us?
- Native and qualified teachers.
- Excellent facilities with interactives projectors in all our classrooms to make classes as dynamic and fun as possible.
- Flexible timetable to suit our clients needs.
- Private classes and classes in small groups.
- Continual assessment and weekly homework to ensure our students are maximising their learning potential.
- Preperation for offical Cambridge exams with experienced, well informed teachers.
- Weekly homework to revise and reinforce the language covered in class.